If you would like to review a book, or would like to recommend a book to be reviewed on this site, please email it through to us on katieandnaomi@ultimate-planet.com. We will review any book with a lesbian or bi theme.

If you are an author, or a publishing house; please also get in touch.

Tuesday, 25 March 2014

A Map of Everything, by Elizabeth Earley


A Map of Everything by Elizabeth Earley
Available: (RRP from $9.99 digital download) from Jaded Ibis Productions

Rating:
A Map of Everything is literally what it says on the tin (or the book cover in this case), it is a map (or a novel) about everything: love, tragedy, despair, complex family, and personal, relationships and personal transformation. The story follows a family through
their ups and downs, good times & bad after one very wet day changed their lives forever.

We are told this story by Anne, the youngest child, the “fifth-born” who is hit hard by what has happened to her sister June. Anne was just a young girl when the accident happened & through this story we see how she coped as a young child, how it affected her when she hit her teens and on into adulthood. Anne also tells us, through stories & anecdotes, how the rest of her family were affected by and coped with what happened.

By the end of the novel I felt like I knew Anne very well, I’d watched her grow from a young troublesome teenager into a very well-rounded woman. At times I actually felt like I was living Anne’s life right alongside her: I felt her pain, her sadness, her joy.

An exceptionally well written novel that I would recommend to anyone. Elizabeth Earley draws us into the story and makes us feel everything the characters are feeling, near the end of the book we are rooting for this family we know so well, we want everything to work out because god-knows they deserve it.
By Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Ultimate-Planet.com 2011-2013

Part of the Ultimate Planet universe: Ultimate Planet | Planet London | Planet Publishing | Planet PR and Marketing | Planet Fiction